Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

Thought Stack: Design Principles, Mental Models, & Cognitive Biases

May 9, 2017

Today's Mental Monday we are exploring the Pareto Principle, also known as the 80/20 Principle.

A common rule of thumb states that the 20% of an input produces 80% of an output. For example, 20% of your clients will produce 80% of your revenue or 20% of the population will have more money than the other 80%.

This rule works outside of business and economics as well. Use it in your daily life to focus on what really matters and forget the rest.

If you missed last week's Actionable Book Short, it was on Deep Work by Cal Newport, who shows you that by learning to focus you'll prevent the robots from taking your job.

Never miss an episode by signing up for my newsletter at  Also, reach out to me via voicemail or email, I'd love to meet you.

Stay Thought-Full.